Monday, January 7

Another life goal accomplished

One of my goals in life was to see the musical Stomp. For Christmas, Sarah helped me accomplish my goal by buying me student rush tickets to the show. We made it back from New Castle in time to catch the last show in Philadelphia. The amount of household materials they used was very impressive! Everything from pots and pans to brooms to trash cans to tubs to their bodies to matchboxes...even the kitchen sink! Quite the show. The audience was very rhythmic as well--responding to call and response claps from the performers better than any I had ever been a part of. It made me wonder if they had gotten better during the performance or if they would have been that good at the beginning of the night. Overall, a fun experience. Now if I can just see Lion King the Musical...

(the show was almost a week ago, but I realized that I hadn't posted about it yet.)

No comments: