Saturday, May 17

Three more weeks

The countdown has begun! I only have 13 more days of teaching to do before school is out! Our last day is June 6, but with Memorial Day in there and a trip to Washington DC on May 30th, there are only 13 actual teaching days remaining. =)

Sarah has been making huge strides into becoming a De Boer. She changed her name with social security, driver's license, and bank, and now she just needs to inform the credit card companies. The whole process hasn't been as bad as I thought it might have been. Before her name was on my checking account, I deposited a check made out to her into my account with her name on it. Normally that's fine as long as she has signed the back, but only I had signed it. Still, it went through! When we told the bank manager today as Sarah changed her name, she said that shouldn't have happened.

Cubs games have been a source of great joy recently. They're the second best team in baseball right now, and expectations are being raised for this year. Let's go Cubs!

No comments: