Wednesday, February 4

Snow day!

The snow days gods have smiled on Spruce Hill this year.  After going all of last year without a snow day, we have had snow days on the last two Wednesdays!  This morning, I got a call at 5:19AM saying that school was cancelled.  Like last week, I had a hard time returning to sleep due to excitement and mental analysis of how I was going to shift our schedule around to compensate. 

There are few joys in life that rival those early morning calls announcing the cancellation of school.  However deep the inner child is hidden in one's adult life, it springs to life when that news is heard!

We had several inches of snow last night, with icy conditions.  Whenever we have a snow day, I immediately think of West Michigan and try to decide of this amount of snowfall would have canceled Holland Public Schools where my dad and sister work.  Gauging from my 3rd story window, I don't think this would have been a snow day in Holland...but I'll take what I can!  (Philly is certainly less able to cope with snow than Holland.  There isn't any space to begin with--especially when snow is added to the mix!)

Last week, Sarah and I had some friends over for Trivial Pursuit and speed Scrabble (our latest game addiction...similar to Facebook's Word Twist).  Home group was at our house, so we never ended up leaving our apartment the whole day!  I think we'll go for a walk or something today to enjoy the sunshine and quiet city.

No comments: