Saturday, September 1

New heights

Phew! It's been quite the week. I've been at Sandy Cove, MD (right on Chesapeake Bay), working in my classroom, preparing for school next week, relationship talks with Sarah, and running this week. I'm about ready for Labor Day weekend. Good thing it's here!

Sarah and I just got back from a 13 mile run. Yes, you read that right: we ran 13 miles this morning. The previous longest had been Broad Street when we did 10 miles, but that was with a student who went at a pretty slow pace. Sarah and I managed to stay below 10 minute miles this time, which was in itself a miracle. We both felt pretty strong, and the cool weather, beautiful scenery, and seeing student along the path kept us going. It felt good, but it also feels really good to sit down. I felt like it was a great release of stress from this past week. Pretty cool how God uses healthy living to keep us strong. When we are weak, He sure is strong.

No comments: