Tuesday, September 2

First day of school

Today was my first day of school! I was pretty nervous ahead of time, but once school started, it got a lot better. I think most teachers get nervous before the first day. There are just so many variables! Even if you have taught for 20 years, the group of students coming in is different from all of them. But that's why I think teaching is so great!


I felt much more competent this time around. After being in three different schools in three years, it was wonderful to know the system and expectations for once. I left school with more energy than when I got there, which to me signals an excellent day.

In other news Google made two big announcements today: a new version of their software program Picasa and a web browser called Google Chrome! I downloaded both of them this evenin and love the new features. Picasa is more integrated with the web and tagging, while Google Chrome was built on simplicity. It's very streamlined and quite similar to Firefox (actually, it imports all your passwords and bookmarks from Firefox automatically for you!). The two companies are teaming up (their financial agreement is through 2011) to compete with Microsoft's Internet Explorer. Looks like a good step towards that!

1 comment:

thomas said...

it looks like you are ready to be an electrician.