Monday, September 22

In sickness and in health

This weekend, I caught a bug from one of my fifth graders. Welcome back to school! Fortunately, I only had a mild case--no fever...only headache from stuffy sinuses and sore throat. Well, Sarah and I have been doing a good job at sharing recently; too good in this case: she came down with my bug today. Her doctor friends did her a favor and sent her home at 4 instead of the usual 6. So, she and I enjoyed some grilled cheese sandwiches as some comfort food tonight.

School continues to go really well. I feel like God has been very present this year in my students and even in my attitude. I haven't let class situations bother me, I'm not taking things personally, my creativity is coming out more in lessons, I feel fresh and recharged most days (well, Monday mornings are still hard!) and the girl students in my class even come up and hug me! It's a huge answer to prayer.

The Cubs clinched the division title this weekend! It's their second title in two years. The last time this happened? When they last won the World Series in 1907 and 1908. Yup...exactly 100 years ago. Go Cubs Go!

No comments: