Sunday, January 4

Food of the year, 2008

The last year or two, I've talked with Sarah about my "food of the year"--in other words, the food that I discovered I LOVED and consequently consumed mass quantities of during the calendar year.  In 2006, it was pita and hummus.  In 2007, it was guacamole.  This past year?  *cue drum roll*

.....
....
...
..
.

2008 was the year of smoothies. The original inspiration came from our friends Mike and Anna, who introduced us to easy smoothies with just frozen strawberries, a banana, and milk in a blender.  Other fruits/berries can be added to taste, but that simple concoction goes a long way!  So, congratulations to the smoothie, my official food of the year 2008!

2 comments:

Anna B said...

Hurray for the smoothie! This year will live on in newlywed memory for eternity!

Conner said...

I definitely know what you mean! For me, this past year has been the year of the AVOCADO. I could eat them plain - in slices, and be perfectly content.