Sunday, November 11

Philadelphia's finest?

So, last night Sarah and I were coming home from the house concert when we heard a firetruck's siren behind us. As required by law, I pulled over to the side to allow the truck to pass. The rather aggressive driver behind me decided to use this opportunity to pass me, but halfway past me decided to allow me back in my rightful place on the road. In all this commotion, however, I neglected to notice that the "no left turn" signs as I turned left from Ridge Ave. onto Girard Ave. (why I can't turn left there...I don't know!) No sooner did I do that did a police car turn on its lights and search light and pull me over. The Michigan driver's license and perfect driving record did nothing to deter this persistent police officer: after a half hour in the petrol car, he handed me a $119 ticket worth 3 points on my license! Yikes!!! Sarah suggested that we get a warning with all the commotion, our ignorance and such, but our officer had made up his mind. Fortunately, he did recommend that we contest the ticket in court and that the judge would probably throw it out. If he believes this, then, why did he still give us the ticket? With all the crime in Philly, I felt like we wasted over a half hour of two officers' time! Alas, alack...


No comments: