Monday, June 16

Summer vacation

Being a teacher in the summer is the best. Every time I think I'm taking advantage of the system by waking up late and not having an agenda for the day, I remind myself about the stress from the school year. Suddenly, any guilt or negative emotions disappear!

I've done a poor job of chronicling the new De Boer family's adventures during our first two months of marriage. I'll try to catch up a little this week--starting today.

Sarah and I are going to Portland, OR for the month of July. Yes, that's the other side of the country from where we are right now! We're pretty excited about it. Sarah will be at an esteemed hospital for family medicine, and I will finish up the last two online classes for my masters degree in reading. Our friend Kristen hooked us up with a family who will let us stay with them for the month so we don't have to do a frantic Craigslist housing search. We're going to Holland for our Holland wedding reception on Sat, June 28, staying for Rebecca and John's wedding, then driving to Chicago that night so we can make our early morning flight out of Midway Airport to Portland Sunday morning. Should be busy, but it'll be a blast!

No comments: