Wednesday, August 13

It was a dark (k)night

Fun times abounded yesterday: Alaina moved into Valley Sorge (the new term for Jim and Teresa Sorge's new home), and Thomas and I helped her get settled into her new home. It was a little strange, because the last time I helped move somebody was actually with Thomas when the Braud's moved OUT of that very same house. Same walls, same structure...just different people and different furniture.

I have a new dentist! Well, my appointment isn't until next week, but after a few phone calls with the insurance company, I figured out who is covered with my plan...and one of the options is just a few blocks away from our apartment. I am constantly reminded how much of a blessing it can be to live in a major city!

After a delicious Alaina/Sarah/Teresa-made dinner, Thomas, a new friend Kurt, John Barbieri, and I went to see the Dark Knight at the Imax. (side note: we had tried to see this movie on Imax in Seattle, but they were sold out for the next week) It was fantastic! Great story, great acting, great effects, great venue. Thankfully, I had brought my Batman mask that I picked up in Portland. I walked right by the ticket people without being asked for a ticket. (unfortunately, they tore the two that John was holding...or else we could have scalped it! the show was sold out) Wouldn't you let this guy go past without asking questions?

No comments: