Thursday, October 30

Phinally!

After 25 years of never having a sports championship, the city of Philadelphia finally won a title!  The Philadelphia Phillies finished off the Tampa Bay Rays in game 5 last night.  Our city was rocking!  People were in the streets everywhere, cars drove by honking and waving, fans flooded Broad street for miles...for one night, we truly were the city of brotherly love.  Everybody seemed happy and excited, and it was really cool.  Can the Phillies win it all every week??

Here's a video of our home group watching the final out:

2 comments:

Mike said...

As I sat there watching the craziness I did see the city of brotherly love in action, happy highfives, random people hugging it was great! I thought the same thing... the phillies should win all the time.


I wish I could have stayed there to watch the rest of the game with you guys :/ but the front desk man and myself had a bonding time watching his 3 inch tv screen.

Meredith said...

so funny to watch john's reaction!!! wish i coulda been there for that one!