Thursday, January 4

Back in action

Greetings!

It's been a while since I posted. Christmas break is good for that! I had an awesome time going home for Christmas. My family went to visit my whole extended family in Chicago, where I met not 1, not 2, but 3 new second cousins! Scott, Matthew Mahaffey, Christen Van Slooten, AJ Laarman, Chris Marlink, and I had a homerun derby over break, too! the cool weather combined with our brute strength to allow us to shatter FOUR wooden bats! We had one on New Year's Day two years back, and the weather was wonderful for that one too. Gotta find a positive out of global warming somehow, right? =)

I also got to spend quality time with most of my best friends from Hope at Jim Sorge's bachelor party/paintball extravaganza and also at his and Teresa's wedding. I even got to see Sarah at the wedding in southern Ohio/northern Kentucky! The wedding festivities took place over three days--including a New Year's Eve party with the bride and groom! It was the first time I had been with a newly married couple on their honeymoon. Funny...they seemed the same! Guess not that much changes when you're married.

Despite what seemed to be a short break, being back in the swing of things has gone well. I've felt very peaceful and encouraged in the few days I've been back in Philadelphia. The break was refreshing--exactly what it's supposed to be.

Tomorrow Sarah and I leave with 90 other Jefferson students to go to Stowe, Vermont! We got a great group rate for skiing, and I'm excited for it. The current forecast calls for rain the first day, so at least we won't freeze our fannies off. Let's hope it holds off until we leave.

Philadelphia hit 62 degrees today! Same thing on Saturday before cooling off. God must know it would take weather like that to get me running in January. He did!

Here are some selected pictures from break:

The Bushhouse cousins.


The kids at Drury lane.

Bat shrapnel.




Jim wearing the cape Scott Parrott, Andy Huisman, and I made for him.


Sarah and me ringing in the New Year.

No comments: