Friday, January 12

E-A-G-L-E-S

As a fellow teacher and I talked about today, one of the few words our students know how to spell is Eagles (the popular chant of fans is E-A-G-L-E-S. My middle schoolers can't spell Philadelphia or Pennsylvania, but doggone it, they can support their team!). Seriously, Philly bleeds Eagle green. I'm told that most of the state cheers for the Steelers, but here in Philly, you're in Eagle country. I have never seen so much apparel for a sports team on people. Even today at our teacher in service, four teachers were wearing Eagles jerseys...and they were all women! Amazing. My contribution was to go out and purchase a pennent from the dollar store and put it in our front window. What does it say? "Let's go Philadelphia...#1" So, okay, it's a cheap cop out, but hey, it's a start.

If the Eagles and Bears both win this weekend, they'll play next week! Here's hoping. Maybe it would be better for my teacher/student rapport if they didn't meet. I'd never hear the end of it if the Bears would lose. Good thing it won't happen.

This week has gone by quickly. I took Monday as a sick day to recover from a headache/sore throat/general soreness I felt from skiing this past weekend. Today was a faculty day--no kids. So, not much going on with school! My masters classes kicked into gear, and I'm figuring more on what to expect with them. Plus Liberti had a vision meeting for children's ministries. Good things, and they've been making what would have been a blase week a more busy one.

Hope plays Calvin this weekend. I'm thinking about attending one of the satellite locations!

No comments: