Thursday, January 25

Thrifty shopping

There are two dollar stores by my house: Dollar General and Dollar House. Dollar House is a true dollar store--each item in the store costs a dollar. Dollar General has, I think, suffered from inflation, and it has items costing $8 or higher...some of which exceed the price of the grocery store next to it! I think it's false advertising somehow. If you're a dollar store, stick with a dollar price! Don't claim that because all your goods cost DOLLARS that you can call yourself a dollar store! There really are a lot of products that are available at the dollar store that can save money. For example, today I bought some 200feet of plastic wrap, 6 sponges, and ziplock bags...all for $3 total! Certainly, there are some products that should not have quality compromised, but those things? I'll take the cheap stuff, thank you very much.

Word of the day? Eructation. (thanks Sarah!)

This week seems long for some reason. My theory is that I haven't had a full 5-day week in about 7 weeks! Either MLK Day, New Year's, faculty meeting, or some other reason has altered the schedule. So this is what it feels like to have a real job...

No comments: