Tuesday, July 17

Meet the 5th graders

Yesterday I got to attend a birthday party for my pastor Geoff Bradford's eldest son (of 5 boys!). He's going into 5th grade, and most of his friends will be 5th graders at Spruce Hill this fall. The Bradfords needed another person to drive and hang out with kids, and I could do both! It was a rare, beautiful opportunity to spend quality time with students outside the classroom before school started. Our time was quite similar to camp! Several of them said they were glad to meet me before school started. What meant the most to me was that despite their energetic personalities, when I asked/told them to stop, they respected me. I had several of them giving me tips about how to handle each other and their classmates too! I have now personally met 7 of the 20 kids I'll have this fall. Woo hoo!

This afternoon I have a meeting with the 3rd and 4th grade teachers at Spruce Hill to go over things for the fall and ways we can prepare this summer. I'm really excited to get this ball rolling. Finally, I'm on my way to being a real 5th grade teacher!






No comments: