Friday, July 20

SARAH PASSED HER BOARDS!!!

How's this for God's timing? Last night Sarah and I had a tough conversation about medicine. We were both feeling pretty down about it--mostly due to her rigorous 80 hr/week schedule where she works at the hospital from 6:50-5/6 every weekday, then from 6:50AM-10PMish every fourth day. It's been hard because she come home tired from the day, and she has to be ready to start things up a little while later. It's been a roller coaster week, and we've been adjusting. What's making things harder is that I've had a good deal of free time, and we both automatically extrapolate this week into the next year, two years, or beyond. That makes the week harder, and in all honesty, I think we were both at a weak point and exaggerating things.

Sarah left my apartment to go home last night, and she called me a few minutes later to say she had received her board scores. We've only talked about her scores twice or so in the last six weeks; it gave her a sick feeling whenever she thought about them. (if you prepare 6 weeks for one exam that assesses your ability to continue in medical school and how much residencies should value you, you'd be nervous too!). Well, she passed!!!! It completely changed the tone of the evening.

Looking back on it, it's cool how God timed her scores arriving just when both of us needed it. I feel content about God calling Sarah to medicine, and I'm going to do my best to support her through it. Medicine really has to be a calling, and I know God is going to use her in extraordinary ways in the field.

No comments: