Thursday, July 26

Zorbas and more

Our free lunch at Zorba's was delicious yesterday. 10 of us enjoyed a flavorful meal at the Greek-style restaurant. Most of us had never been there before, but I had high expectations after Sarah and I had enjoyed a dinner there several weeks back. I had the lamb platter, which came with potatoes, rice, and veggies. My favorite part about the restaurant is their slow-cooked, juicy meat. Every piece I've tried has been so tender and flavorful! And it's three blocks from Sarah's new apartment...what could be better?

After lunch, Libby, Seth F, Meredith, and I walked off some of the calories by spending some time by the Water Works Restaurant next to the Art Museum and the Schuylkill River. While I neglected to pull out my camera at Zorba's, I managed to remember in time while we were out there. See the pictures here.

Sarah and I had a great date last night, too. We rode bikes through Center City and grabbed some cheap food/drinks at Mission Grill, El Vez, and, of course, Wendy's. (you can't beat beautiful appetizers for $1!)

We went to My Best Friend, courtesy of the free tickets I won at Bastille Day (review? I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10). I'm pretty sure it was the first film I've watched that was completely in another language! It took some getting used to, and I was afraid to turn my head from the screen since I wouldn't be able to catch up with my ears. Living in a foreign country that speaks another language suddenly became more intimidating than ever! I found myself admiring people like Sarah who spent a whole semester of Hope in a foreign land. Will I ever have that chance? Perhaps more importantly, do I have the language skills to do something like that?

No comments: