Thursday, July 17

Fruity Portland

Sarah and I seem to have arrived in Portland just in time for the fruit season. The last two weekends have been filled with fruit picking: our first weekend here, we picked about nine pounds of strawberries. Last weekend, we picked about eight pounds of raspberries! Sarah made a delicious strawberry pie after the first batch, and we have enjoyed several bowls of ice cream with raspberries a la mode. I even put some raspberries on my Rice Krispies this morning! As a self-described fruit-nivor, I'm loving this! The Kornelis family's Vitamix provides excellent smoothies without any hesitation about putting too much in at once (Anna and Mike would be jealous!).

I'm working on my Walden mid-term reflection papers today. I also took a glance at my program portfolio, which is due September 15. My goal is to be done with the bulk of it before school starts the day after Labor Day. If not, the first few weeks of school shouldn't be too rough on the system (hopefully!).

No comments: