Thursday, July 24

History?

I discovered something about myself this month: I like history. Maybe it started when I moved out to Philadelphia...maybe it came with my first glimpse of National Treasure...maybe it came when I got to teach 5th graders about all of Americas wars...I'm not really sure. For whatever reason, I've found myself getting really interested in how our country was founded, what the debates were among the Founding Fathers, what cautions they were taking when they created our Constitution. I admit that I haven't answered many of these questions, but I've been exposed to more recently. And I like it.

The Kornelis family has the HBO John Adams series, which features seven episodes of the oft-overlooked member of our country's heritage. I devoured them this past week--especially the first two. After watching an episode, I found myself looking up articles on people and events to learn more about them. It's fascinating to consider how far our country has come--for the good and bad!

No comments: