Monday, July 14

Hiking Multnomah Falls

Yesterday, Sarah and I woke up at 6:30AM to begin our day's adventures. Our friend Todd (who works at OHSU and has a wife who goes to Liberti) picked us up and proceeded to show us new parts of Portland. First, we went to a Cafe for a delicious breakfast burrito. We attended Imago Dei church, home of Don Miller who wrote Blue Like Jazz. Amazingly, we saw three different friends who live in Portland! It was like the only people we know here (besides the Kornelis family that we're staying with) were there. We felt pretty cool walking in with Todd, then having Josh, then Nate come up and say hello to us. Talk about feeling welcomed!

But I digress from our adventures. After church, we drove out to the famed Multnomah Falls, where we hiked the 6 mile trail in about 2.5 hours. The second largest falls in the US are pretty "touristy", but the surrounding trails were much less people-filled. Along the trail, we happened upon several other gorgeous scenes:





See the rest of our pictures here.

After our hiking, we needed some serious chow. We had lunch at about 3:30 at an Italian place whose name escapes me. For dessert, we went to Papa Haydens. Unbelieveable selection of desserts! Since I'm in the Pacific Northwest, I thought it would be an appropriate time to try my first Baked Alaska. It was decent, but I'll go for the angle food cake, ice cream, and berries next time around.

Todd dropped us back at our house, and we thought we'd take a quick nap. Three 1/2 hours later, we woke up! Obviously, our bodies were trying to tell us something. I finished my work for Walden and Sarah planned out her new route to the hospital. She finished her outpatient rotation on Friday, and started her inpatient family medicine rotation today. What a day!

1 comment:

Kallie said...

Papa Hayden's in my FAVORITE!! That's it, I'm totally fleeing to Portland