Friday, June 1

And I got paid for this

Today was the last full Friday of school (we finish on June 15, but the last week and a half are half days). To celebrate, both schools I teach went to Clementon Park for the day! Despite some teachers with grumpy attitudes, we had a blast!! No, it wasn't Disney World, but it was perfect for our purposes. The kids had fun, teachers were relaxed, and the food was DELICIOUS! If you want to eat well, come to one of our teachers potlucks. I've developed quite the reputation for consuming massive amounts of food. True to form, I managed to time my eating in order to snag three lunches (11:30, 2:00, and 4:30). We had teachers who got up at 4AM to make fried chicken, salmon salad, potato salad, pasta salad with shrimp and crab, ribs, and many more delicious items.


The rides and water park were decent. Our kids jumped right in, but I had a hard time getting teachers to experience more than a walk around the park. Several of the young teachers joined me for a few rides and water park fun. I felt so laid back walking around the park. It was neat to see kids from both schools and have them greet me. I forget that teachers at one school don't have that blessing! I quickly learned that while it's cool to yell teachers names as they walk by, it isn't as cool to hang out with them, so we teachers just hung out together.

One weird thing about the park is all the clown head covers for the trash cans. I didn't like it, and I can't imagine how people who hate clowns felt! Here's a picture of what happens every now and then:


So all in all, a very low stress day where I had to pinch myself that I was paid for this. I like days like that. =)

No comments: