Thursday, June 7

Mistaken identity

Tuesday night I returned to my house after visiting Sarah. As I approached my door, I noticed a pair of underwear on the sidewalk. I took a minute and scoffed, thinking why on earth a person would leave underwear next to the street. Talk about gross! What kind of neighborhood is this, anyway? Then I took a closer look and realized that the underwear was MINE. It had fallen out of my laundry bag on the way to Sarah's. Guess I should be more careful before I go thinking things like that. =)

As for my job process update, I taught a demo lesson for Spruce Hill to their current 5th graders. Since I had never taught a lesson in a situation like that before, I was pretty nervous! Combine that with a 90-degree + humidity day, coming immediately from my school during my planning period, and a suit/tie, and you've got a tough cookie to eat. To make matters worse, the headmaster, principal, current 5th grade teacher, board member, and a few parents sat in on my class. Now, the 5th grade room is pretty small at Spruce Hill, so the limit the number of students to 18 or so. Almost a third of the people in the room were adults! That was intimidating. I think the students were intimidated too; their responses were pretty dull.

The lesson must have gone better than I had thought, 'cause the principal asked me back for an interview with their education committee. That'll happen this coming Tuesday evening. We'll see how things go!

No comments: