Saturday, June 30

Frisbee golf in Philly?!?!?

Several friends and I got to do something I never would have dreamed was possible in Philadelphia: play frisbee golf! We had a GREAT time throwing our discs around the course in Fairmount Park. It's a full 18 hole course in the woods. I never would have guessed we were in the city while we were playing. Such a refreshing change from the busy city! All the guys who went agreed we need to play again soon. I felt like I was back in college!


Last night my friend Kelly had her 30th birthday party. This girl deserves a kudos for the amount she's been celebrating. She decided to make the entire month of June a 30 days of celebration for her 30th birthday. Who thinks of these things? Kelly Thayer does. Anyway, she's so creative and fun, and hosted a great party (complete with cookies in the shape of the number 30!). Happy birthday Kelly!

Getting up today for running practice in West Philly wasn't too fun. When only 7 kids were there who were pretty tired and whiney, it was even harder. Fortunately, Erin, another coach was there to help make it better. We ran a little shorter than I had planned, but much farther than we'd gone any time this week. (the heat made running pretty tough)

My friend Nate Frazier just got a job selling Apple products in Center City Philadelphia. If any of you need anything Apple makes, let him know; he'd love to hook you up with one.

I can't believe the marketing hype the iPhone is getting. Yeah, it's a super cool gadget, but the hype is ridiculous. It's worse than the movie Pearl Harbor (and hopefully much better, too!). Philly's mayor got in line at 3:30AM to get one yesterday. One company has already dissected it to see what's inside.

One last geek point: Philadelphia is only months away from having full wi-fi coverage for the entire city! They're the biggest and first large city to do so, and they're being watched carefully to see how the whole experiment goes. I'm content with my current provider, but I might give their service a 30-day trial to see how it goes (for only $6.99 a month at first too?!?).

No comments: