Thursday, June 21

I'm a 5th grade teacher!

What a week! My family and I toured Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Baltimore's Ft. McHenry for the last few days. They left yesterday back for Michigan, and I'm leaving in an hour for running camp with my middle schoolers for the weekend. Busy busy busy!

Spruce Hill offered me a job as 5th grade teacher, and while we were at Ft. McHenry, I accepted it! It was hard to tell my principal I was leaving, but she understood (although she did say "Geeze...Dang," which is pretty strong for a nun). I have to attend several weeks of training for their curriculum over the summer, which knocks me out of summer school availability too.

Sarah is moving to her new apartment on Fairmount this week. We've been emptying dressers and drawers, stuffing LARGE books into suitcases and such today. The real move will happen tonight and tomorrow when I'm at camp (it's a coincidence I swear! I'd WAY rather help her move than run around at camp with middle schoolers...).

There are a ton of pictures I want to post, but it'll have to wait until after this weekend. What a start to summer!

No comments: