Saturday, March 3

B-E-A-UTIFUL!

The weather here in Philadelphia has been delightful this weekend. Yesterday's high was 60 with brilliant sunshine, and today has been more of the same! This morning I went for a jog with Sarah, and it felt like Florida! Simply delightful. After I cooled down a little bit, Seth and I made a delicious meal of breakfast burritos (onions, garlic, salsa, cheese, tortillas, and eggs complete with a fruit salad!). No joke, it was the best breakfast I've had in months! Sarah, Seth, and I decided to eat breakfast in the backyard. Wow! I can't wait for spring/summer now!


Seth and I enjoying fine dining in our backyard.

I think that Sarah looks even more beautiful when contrasted by my post-jogging attire.

Last night a bunch of us went out to Mama Palma's for scrumptious gourmet pizza. Sarah, Seth, Melanie, Kallie, Justin, and Casey from Liberti went too. While we waited, we went for a walk and enjoyed the warm March air along the Schuylkill River. We even saw some stars. After waiting for about an hour for seats, the manager surprised us by giving our table free appetizers, then later with two free desserts for us to share! Quite delightful. The pizza was better than 84 East even, which is saying a lot. =)

Note: Seth is on a self-proclaimed campaign to have his eyes closed intentionally in almost all pictures taken of him in public. I asked if it was in order to get back at all the people who close their eyes in photographs he takes of them, and he said no--the campaign is just to be funny.

Seth and I went over to Kamil's house Thursday and made some INCREDIBLE BBQ meatloaf muffins. We ate them with some leftover oven roasted rosemary red potatoes that Sarah and I had made for our homegroup. The meatloaf muffins melted in my mouth. Next time I make meatloaf, I'm making these!

You might ask if all this cooking recently has affected my weight. Well, it's hard to say since we don't have a scale. However, if my belly size and belt size is any indication, I think I've officially gone into hibernation mode for the winter. After talking with my personal trainer/health consultant about it (aka: Sarah), I've decided to make a conscious effort to work out more. So far so good: I went for a run three days this week and started doing push-ups/sit-ups again. Let's hope it continues!

No comments: