Thursday, March 22

Running with the principal


Today Sister Owen (my principal in the white hair and light blue shirt) challenged our Students Run Philly Style students to a race around the cemetery. Once around our "track" is about a mile, and she challenged anyone who would go farther than her three would get a pizza part. The kids ran farther than I've ever seen them! It was neat to see them challenge themselves and go farther than they're used to going. They were pooped by the end!

My one regret is that since Sarah or I always was holding the camera, we never got a picture of the two of us together. We'll have to work on that next time. =)


Stephanie, the gym teacher at both schools, just HATES running, which makes me feel better about it. I ran four miles today, which for me is a big deal. I'm not a natural runner, however, and she isn't either. It's helpful to know that we're both battling on the inside and encouraging kids on the outside.



What was perhaps more exciting, however, was that the vice principal, pastor, and even Sarah joined us! I had been badgering Father Joseph all week, and he showed up! Sarah just asked today if she could come...and how can I say no to that?!? She was awesome with the kids: meeting them, encouraging them, running alongside them, challenging them. I like her.

No comments: