Wednesday, March 28

Still in the running

Yesterday was a beautiful day--both inside and outside. Sarah spoiled me rotten for our anniversary: making me meals, decorating my room, ironing my pants (that have been sitting on my shelf for about a month or more waiting to be ironed), taking the trolley to come run with my kids, and buying me a Billy Collins book of poetry (he's my favorite poet...even better than Ogden Nash). I was spoiled, and I knew it.

Sarah joined my students and me for another run yesterday. Here's proof!


One week from today I will be visiting my grandparents, parents, and siblings in West Palm Beach, Florida. It's one of my favorite places on the planet, and I'm excited for it! I'll be there from Tuesday evening until Easter Sunday afternoon.

I do so love my principal Sister Owen. When she asked me if I had plans for Easter, I told her that I did. I asked if I could leave school a half day early to meet my family in Florida, and she said "Of course! Can you leave any earlier???" Unfortunately, I told her, my flight time is the limiting factor.

Baseball's opening day is in less than a week! Place your bets on the Cubs now.

1 comment:

said...

I'm offended. I thought living here with my was your favorite place on the planet. You're lucky I'm not telling murphy what you said. He'd be crushed, just crushed.