Monday, March 19

New sneaks

As promised, here are some snapshots of my new sneakers (or tennis shoes, as they would be called in Michigan). I'll just avoid controversy and call them "running shoes". They've worked wonders for my feet, and the shin splints I mentioned before are long gone. I played Sarah in racquetball Saturday, and they worked well for that too. It's amazing what a difference new shoes make!



My school was given a donation of The Bible Experience. It's a dramatic reading of the Bible on CD complete with background music and all African-American readers (Denzel Washington included). I like it a lot!

Rita's frozen ice and Dunkin Donuts are both are giving away free drinks on Wednesday--the first day of spring! I think Rita's is only in the PA area...fortunately there's one around the corner from Seth and me here in Fishtown.

Speaking of Fishtown, you can get a really close-up shot of our house using Microsoft's Local Live map technology. Google's is really good, but Microsoft's technology has some great close shots of Philadelphia. If you play around with Local Live, you'll get a photo view of my house--close enough to see my backyard next to my neighbor's pool!! And yes, I still feel safe knowing that satellites can spy into my bedroom window and watch me pick my nose.

2 comments:

Kallie said...

I am all about the free ritas!! nice kicks. it makes a world of difference doesn't it?

Kallie said...

hey I just had to tell you this. I was helping deliver a baby today in clinical and the nurse said, "Your baby is picking a nice sunny day to come into the world." I chimed in "The first day of Spring!" And do you know what the soon to be father said? "Free Ritas!" It was awesome.