Tuesday, August 7

Great American road trip

Seth, Dave, and I leave Thursday for a road trip! We're heading to Seth's home in Handover, Lydia and Will's wedding in Ohio (Seth was invited...and he asked me to go as his "date"), then finish up with a trip out to my parents' house in Michigan! Road trips are a blast, and I'm pretty excited about sharing some of my Holland life with someone from Philadelphia, while Seth gets to share some Handover life with me!

Students run has a race tonight. A 10K (6.2 miles). Let's hope the 95-degree heat holds off... Thankfully my new sweatband will be on my head to protect me. =)

In lue of the Twin Cities bridge collapse, some interesting information has surfaced regarding cell phone usage in times of crisis. Namely, how cell phone companies may realize a crisis has occurred earlier than TV networks! Tip of the day: if your call is blocked in an emergency situation, use a text message; it almost always gets through. (I also noticed in the article that Sprint's network didn't go down...perhaps because not as many people have it!)

No comments: