Friday, August 3

My 5th grade class...ONLINE!

I'm writing right now from my NEW 5TH GRADE CLASSROOM in West Philadelphia. I finished a workshop this week on a classroom management framework called the Responsive Classroom. The workshop succeeded in getting me excited for the year, developing me professionally, teaching me a boat-load of new games, brainstorming how to problem solve difficult situations, and many other helpful tips and strategies to have a successful year.

So, here I sit in my room, staring at blank walls and loads of second-hand books. Where do I start with all this? I had hoped to meet the teacher from last year, but she's sick today. I've been making progress on my book list for the year, and I guess I'll keep churning through them. Fortunately, I still have over a month before our first day.

My shameless self-promotional piece is that I started a blog/website for my classroom today. Feel free to visit as often as you'd like! I plan on putting pictures, videos, homework, and various projects up for parents and students to visit. Thanks to a website called Engrade, I think I'll allow parents to check out their students' grades online (password protected, of course). Obviously, there isn't much there now, but I hope to send out a parent letter or postcard in a week or three to let them know about it and start harvesting e-mail addresses. Here we go!

No comments: