Monday, December 18

The body at work

Last week went by quickly! Looking back, I realized I spent a lot of time with friends (new and newer) from Liberti.

Monday: I went to a birthday party with Seth and some friends I met that Friday while salsa dancing.
Tuesday: My home group meeting in Center City.
Wednesday: Seth and I hosted part of a progressive dinner at our house! It was for his home group, and they let me join and hang out with them for the night.
Thursday: Practiced with Jesse and Alex, two other guys in my home group, at Jesse's house for singing in church Sunday.

Due to Sarah and my trip to New York City, I was unable to attend another Liberti flag football game on Saturday!

As I look back on the friends and connections I've made here, I praise God for His leading me to Liberti. I know the community here has played a HUGE role in my feelings about being in Philadelphia. In direct and indirect ways, God has used the people at Liberti to get me a job, a roommate, and many good friends.

I've been able to start giving back more recently, too. I'm on the setup/take down team that arranges chairs and equipment before and after services every few months. I'm part of the children's church teaching team. I've sang in church twice. God has even timed my arrival with Liberti adding a third service and shaping the course of the church for the next season. As a result of this, they want to add more structure and elements to their children's ministries program! Somehow someone got word or remembered that I did that at First Reformed, and they asked me if I would be part of the process. God is using what I learned and experienced last year in order to help the development with Liberti! How cool it is God shows how the puzzle pieces of life fit in His plan!!!

No comments: