Saturday, December 16

NY or bust!

Good morning! And a good morning it is at that. Sarah and I are going to go to New York City today! She finished her big exam yesterday, and we got round trip tickets on a China Town bus to go up and back to the Big Apple from Philly. Our agenda? Enjoy the experience.

Yesterday Sarah joined me at my school's faculty Christmas party. It was at Sister Owen's convent! It was my first time at a convent--much less for a party! (the house felt kind of like a cottage at Hope. I think it'd be fun to live in a place like that with four other good friends!) The teachers were very welcoming to Sarah, and she got to meet all the people I've been talking about with her for the past few months. As my experience has been with teachers, student stories started coming out soon after the party got started...the stories are just a little more exciting here compared with Hudsonville. =)

We also were able to help cook food for Liberti's Friday homeless ministry. The recipe said, "how to cook for 75 hungry people." Unfortunately, due to the timing of my faculty party, we were unable to serve it and spend time with people as they ate it, but it was still a good thing to be a part of.

School's out on Thursday. I'm exciting for this week--even though Sarah is leaving Monday morning for home. My hope is to get a bunch of things done for school, as well as do more research on online institutions for a masters degree I'd like to get started in January. Unfortunately, those things aren't exactly free! Oh well...it's an investment, right?

No comments: