Wednesday, December 20

Carpe giftus

That's Latin for "seize the gifts", of course. Highly appropriate for this season, I'd say! =)

Last night home group had a white elephant gift exchange. (other events including singing Christmas carols and eating good Christmas-y foods, but those details aren't as important as the gifts) I drew number 14 of 16, so I had high hopes for my chances. My fellow home groupers, however, were quite deft at selecting and stealing gifts, so by the time my turn came around, most of the good stuff was "locked" after being stolen twice. Instead of stealing a mediocure gift, I went for the jugular and opened the last unwrapped gift. I gave a shriek when I opened it! Here's what was in it:
It was a picture of Nana--our home group leader's 82-year-old grandma! Her actual name is Margie. There was much laughter, and I couldn't think of a better way to end the game! As one of the other members pointed out to me, I could always throw away the frame and keep the picture. Hey--that's the risk of the white elephant!

No comments: