Monday, December 18

My trip to New York City

Sarah and I had a delightful time in New York City together! We had agreed that our purpose going in was to simply enjoy the city and quality time with each other. Both of those goals were accomplished.

We visited the Apple Store:

M&M World:


FAO Schwartz:
Times Square:

Central Park:


And the Rockefeller Center:


You'll have to talk with Sarah or me for the full scoop, but we were blessed with incredible weather for December. I don't think I would change a thing about our trip. Some of the memorable moments include eating at Little Italy, walking through blocks and blocks of China Town, the subway system (thanks to my NYC mission trip experience in 2004, the maps weren't tough!), Broadway, street venders, sardine-like crowds and MASSIVE tree at Rockefeller Center. Here is the rest of my NYC album.

Perhaps the strangest part was returning to Philadelphia. Right as we got off the bus, the air smelled fresher, the streets quiet, and the general aura more at home. It was quite a shocker; I never thought I'd feel that way about Philly! How far we've fallen if the air in downtown Philadelphia smells fresh! Still, it was a comforting feeling that encouraged me.

No comments: