Friday, December 1

Weird weather and Genevers

Today is the 1st of December, and I walked to my car in 66 degree weather at 7:20AM. This afternoon, wind will pick up to 45MPH with thunderstorms! I got a school cancellation notice that all West Michigan schools are closed today, too. Is there a better first snow day than a Friday? I think not. We'd better soak up the balmy Philadelphia weather while we can (high of 50 tomorrow).

Both schools had the Internet go out this week. Sorrows simply needed a modem restart, and St. Ignatius had an issue with Comcast. They fixed the problem last night, and we're up and running again today! Almost all of my assignments are web-based, so it made things more exciting yesterday. Kids were disappointed, but not frustrated, which excited me.

My time with Chief and Kevin VanderKlok was wonderful. We went out to the Continental and, of course, Franklin Fountain. Our conversation ranged from Anna's musical abilities (Chief's daughter) to the book Freakonomics to Camp Geneva marketing and development. They were in town for a national camp conference, and it was wonderful to see them. Three hours went by quickly!

Tomorrow I'm going to the Army/Navy game! A few friends from Jefferson got tickets, so four of us are going. I'm excited! Since my Grandpa De Boer was in the army, I'm going to be rooting for them. It's not Michigan/Ohio State, but it's still a classic rivalry.

Sarah is dancing tonight in an Indian night at Jefferson. She's been practicing with her Indian friends for it this past month. It's a whole night of Indian entertainment, food, and fun.

No comments: