Tuesday, October 10

Baltimore or bust

It all started out like a normal day. I woke up, greeted Murphy (Seth's dog), packed a lunch, and went to school. Partway into my first class, my principal came in and asked me if I would want to go to a conference on grant writing and marketing schools. I was stunned, especially since they're leaving TOMORROW for it! After some thought, I accepted the offer. Free food, free instruction, free transportation, free lodging, no need to write lesson plans while I'm gone...how could I go wrong?!? It seems like an excellent opportunity for me to do some professional development.

We leave tomorrow at 1PM and return Friday around dinner time. I'm going with a vice principal and a few other people from my catholic school district. Someone else is even driving us over! Baltimore is about 2.5 hours from Philly, which is about the same distance as Boston, NYC, and DC. As far as being centrally located in the East, Philadelphia is the way to go!

Here's a picture of me on my new bike. After my last one was stolen outside of Sarah's apartment at 5PM while I was inside for no more than 13 minutes, God provided this bike for a very good price. I found it on Craigslist. I've loved riding it even more than my last one. The situation has helped me be more grateful too, because now I thank God every time I return to my bike and it's still there!

My body is a little sore right now from playing ultimate frisbee this afternoon. Jefferson students and friends (we were 6 strong today) gather on a regular basis for friendly competition and the tossing of the disk. Sarah and I played well, although we would be the first to tell you there were much finer athletes on the field than us, and we both need to be in better shape in order to compete at a higher level. Perhaps this offseason we'll start a training regime. =)

Have you ever had pad thai? It's very good. I made some tonight with stir fry veggies and chicken. Mmmmmm...I can still taste it!

I'll see if I can post anything while I'm in Baltimore. Until then, go Tigers!

No comments: