Thursday, October 5

Soul power

Tonight was one with several adventures. After school let out today, I dropped off my car at a local body shop (I was hit on the way to school one day. A Budget rent-a-truck decided to come into my lane while I was in it. Fortunately, his bumper was gentle, and I had nary a scratch or bruise as I turned 180 degrees on Girard Ave. God blessed me, because since Budget was responsible, their insurance company is more than willing to cover everything. I didn't have to file a claim with my insurance company, and I don't even have to pay a deductable! Fortunately, I've been able to drive my damaged car for the last two weeks).

Anyway, tonight I got a 2006 Chevy Aveo to drive around while they tinker with my car. Guess this is one of those situations where the background info is more news than the news itself! It's a compact car with really good gas milage, so I'm happy. =)

Sarah and I went to a free concert in University City this evening (another neighborhood in Philly...UC is on the West side of the Schuylkill river, which divides Philly in half from north to south). The concert was really cool--for the music, the feel, and the location. It reminded me of Hope! It was an entire football-sized green field that dipped much like the pine grove. The Campbell Brothers were on a stage with lighting and sweet sound. They were very Christian, and their music had deep feeling behind it. Perhaps why they call it soul... People of all ages, sizes, and colors were enjoying it. Very fun.

My roommate has a black lab named Murphy. When I took him for a walk tonight, we saw a bunch of police tape and neighbors gathered around an intersection about 6 blocks from my house. It turns out that a sinkhole swallowed a 2006 Ford Escape, which did everything BUT escape the large hole that opened up underneith it. Crazy!

I get to help lead children's church this week! I'm excited.

No comments: