Monday, October 30

Lights out

It got dark here at 5PM today. Now, I know that daylight savings time just changed over, but still....5PM??? I'm used to being on the westernmost part of the eastern time zone, and now I'm on the eastern side. More sunshine in the morning, but much less at night. Maybe it'll help me get to bed earlier.

Friday morning there was a gorgeous sunrise in Philly (red sky in morning, sailor take warning!). I walked out to my car and my jaw dropped! Here's a picture of what I saw. Just realize that my camera didn't do the scene justice:

AND! This will be the darkest Halloween for some time. Congress recently passed a huge energy bill with a clause that extended daylight savings time for four weeks, starting this spring. Daylight savings time will begin three weeks sooner in March and end one week later in November. Senators made the change in hopes of saving more energy and getting people outside more.

No comments: