Friday, October 20

Dogface

Seth's black lab, Murphy, and I are currently not on speaking terms. You see, he has broken into my room three times in the last 10 days to vandalize and send messages to me. I think he wants me out of the house. You'd think he would be a good Christian dog and confront me about it, but he's not. Instead, he's opted to be a mafia dog and use scare tactics. So far, he's tried to send me messages by destroying my stash of candy: black licorice-flavored/cinnamon bear shaped gummies, Mentos, Trident gum, York Peppermint Patties, Grandma Bushhouse's homemade hot chocolate, you name it. If that isn't clear enough, he's been depositing dog urine at specific places: my door, my laundry bag, and as of last night, my COMPUTER CASE! He managed to pee on it so it would infect my bag where my laptop goes AND my desktop. Unreal.
You probably now understand why I referred to him as Seth's dog and not mine. I'll try to get a mug shot of the vandal so you all can be on the lookout in case he starts scoping out my close friends and family.

In other news, Philadelphia was ranked as the 3rd worst sports city in America, thanks to its 20-year major sports championship drought and "alcoholic and ragaholic" fans. The worst city? Atlanta.

Sarah's exam is today on all kinds of drugs. By the grace of God, we discovered a way I can help her study! Sarah will tell me a list of drugs/categories that she needs to remember, and I will take core components of the words and generate random mnemonics out of them into stories. It's been funny and even enjoyable at times!

I'm off to pray with my fellow teachers before school starts. Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Eric. I will check it regularly to keep up with your activities. One of the girl's (Allison D) in my Hope class told the class they needed to see your webpage because it is so awesome for a teacher. I never gave her your webpage, so you might have...