Sunday, October 22

Hard-hittin', Tiger-watchin', leaf-changin', Frosty-eatin', compter-movin', penny-findin' weekend

What a weekend! I tried to capture some of the highlights in the title of the blog. I'll try to have some pictures fill in more. One of the best parts? It was all free.

As a teacher, you rarely want to come to school on the weekend. Sometimes, however, it can't be avoided. This Saturday, my school had over 40 students (freshmen, MBA, and alumni) come volunteer at our school. They painted a few classrooms, the school entrance (Hope colors, actually!), moved my classroom to the second floor, and wired every classroom with the Internet. They had several people who had backgrounds with computers, and they setup a wireless network throughout the school. The school had been wired in every classroom, but the switch they were connected to had never been hooked up to the Internet! Drexel's network guy spent the day running around and fixing little snaffoos, but the main work had been done for him ahead of time. Pictures!

Sarah and I walked through one of Philly's parks--something called the Forbidden Trail--yesterday. The leaves were changing colors, the river ran by, and the air had a nice chill to it. Here are some pictures from our hike.

Friday night I did something I had never done before: I attended a professional wrestling event! I snagged some free tickets from CraigsList, and Sarah and I went after we consumed a free dinner at her school. Almost surprisingly, we had a good time! It's not something I'd want to go to often, but we got excited about it and joined in the action. And it's all real, right? =)

Here are the pictures of Sarah, Seth, and me at Franklin Fountain Wednesday night.

I'm battling a sore throat and the sniffles now, so I'm going to call it a night. Check back soon for more pictures and details about the weekend.

No comments: