Wednesday, November 1

An apple a day...

Yesterday I got to help chaperone my school's prek-4th grade trip to an apple orchard called Highland Orchards! We had a great time!! The kids got to stuff a scarecrow, walk through a hay maze, pick apples, make apple cider, eat donuts, enjoy a hay ride, and have a fun day together. Experiences like this outside of the classroom are so good for teacher/student rapport. Instead of giving instructions, I could hang out with kids more and enjoy their company. The weather was great too! It was surprising that we could fund a trip 40-60 minutes out of the city to visit an orchard like that, but we got funds from somewhere to gas the buses.

The 4th grade teacher who organized it did not assign me any specific kids. Consequently, I could just float around and take pictures! And I did:



See more of them!

The teacher joked that I should come on all their trips from now on. I'm fine with that!

No comments: