Sunday, November 19

Dia de la marathon

Who'd of thought that the Philadelphia marathon would take me back to my days at Hope?

Today Sarah and I got to cheer on Dan and Krista Carter as they ran their first marathon! They've been training together, and today they got to finally run it. Sarah and I made signs and went out to cheer them on as we rode bicycles and tried to keep up with them for a while. I had no idea it would be so fun to encourage random runners as they passed too! We made one sign that said "doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo (think Chariots of Fire!)", and if we were to do it over again, I would burn a CD and play it as runners passed. Whenever someone would have his/her name on a shirt, we would yell encouragement to them. Great fun! Dan and Krista were tuckered out when they were done, as you might imagine. Krista ran for over 21 miles, and Dan did all 26.2!!!!!! Unreal. It was a joy to be with them this weekend and experience such a life goal for them.

In the short time we were cheering on runners, we also saw a few people from Jefferson as well as Ashley, my 13-year-old 8th grader who ran the race too!! The next time I'm near a marathon, I would certainly enjoy watching it simply to cheer others on. What spiritual parallels!

Seth bought the video game Guitar Hero II for his PS2 today. Tonight we played it together. If you've never heard of it, it's the same concept of Dance Dance Revolution, only with a toy guitar instead of footpad. The game is somewhat addicting, but quite fun. I swear that if I was more familiar with pop culture songs, I would be better at the game. =)

No comments: