Tuesday, November 21

Me? Lead mass???

It's Thanksgiving week! And I'm excited.

This Thursday morning I board a flight from Philly to Detroit to South Bend. Thanksgiving Day my family and I will consume vast amounts of flank steak (we've never been much for turkey) and go for a game of bowling (two years ago dad got three strikes in a row--a turkey!). I can't wait to be there. I'm usually glad to go home, but I've never been this excited to do so. God has blessed me here in Philadelphia, and I haven't been homesick, yet I can't wait to see friends and family again. I will have to go back on Saturday afternoon...every moment counts!

Sarah finished up her exam on physical diagnosis today and already caught a ride home to Pittsburgh this afternoon. Somehow I'll have to survive 48 hours in Philly without her... =)

Tonight our home group had a Thanksgiving potluck! We had mounds and mounds of delicious food, along with beautiful fellowship. After eating for a while, we went around and shared how we saw God answer our prayers this year. I shared how God has been faithful with my move to Philadelphia and be constant in my life--even while bikes were stolen, cars towed and hit, and living and teaching in an entirely different culture. It was wonderful to hear others praise God for His work in their lives too. I tried to add to the family dinner/reunion feel by taking several pictures.

School is only a half day tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because I'm leading mass! Yep, that's right--the non-Catholic computer teacher is leading mass on the piano. Kinda crazy, but our music teacher quit a few weeks ago. We'll see how it goes! The resource room teacher is backing me up on guitar, and the 1st grade teacher is going to teach her kids the songs and sing along with us too. Should be an adventure! The perfectionist, loud Geneva-style side of me is nervous. I just need to remember that it's for God, not for man.

No comments: