Saturday, November 18

Go blue!

First time experience alert: minor league hockey game. Last night Sarah, some Jefferson friends, and I went to a Philadelphia Phantoms game! Even though they lost 3-2 to their rivals of the Penguins, we still had a great time. Our tickets included a free hot dog and pop, and I even snagged another hot dog that was tossed into the stands. A fight broke out halfway through the game, and it made me realize that hockey is a professional sport rarity in that it allows fighting to a certain extent! If these guys had been duking it out in the NBA, they'd be suspended for weeks! Why is hockey exempt from this?

One cool part about the night was that I had no less than 5 random people comment on my Michigan sweatshirt. That's gotta be the highest percentage I've ever experienced! Unfortunately, not all the comments were positive. The acknowledgment of the Big Game was enough to encourage me, because in commenting on it, they were giving Michigan credit for being a high quality team and making this game significant. Two hours to go!

Dan and Krista Carter are coming this evening to spend the night with Sarah. They're running the Philadelphia Marathon tomorrow. They've been training together, pledged to run the 26.2 miles together, and are very excited about the whole experience. Sarah and I are excited to support them in it, too! We'll have to miss a good part of the run with church in there, but it should still be a great time to cheer them on. Go team Carter!

No comments: