Wednesday, November 1

Microbiology: a musical

Happy All Saints Day everyone! This marks my first true celebration of the catholic holy day, as I have off from school today. There are days like this when I'm grateful to be in a catholic school , but I'm sure others will come in due time (ask me again when other schools have spring break and I do not...).

I'm spending my day hanging out. I slept in as much as I could, wasted a bunch of time online, attempted to track down information on United Airline's website and phone support regarding free vouchers, and reading. For lunch, I met Sarah at one of her medical school lunchtime lectures. While eating free roast beef and turkey sandwiches, we watched a lecture from a UPenn professor called Microbiology: A Musical. Indeed, it was for medical students! However, it interested me because the professor put information about microbiology to tunes of the Battle Hymn of the Republic, Popeye the Sailor Man, the Star Spangled Banner, I will survive, Yesterday, and She'll be Comin' 'Round the Moutain. I'll have to hunt for the lyrics and post an example.

My clock says it's almost 2PM already. Slow starts to day certainly make the day go by quickly! I'm not sure if I like that or not. Enough blogging...I'm gonna get going!

No comments: