Thursday, February 22

Dance party with seminarians

This past weekend, Sarah and I drove up to Princeton, NJ to visit Dan and Krista Carter. Our entertainment for the evening (besides eating some delicious homemade cookies and fried fish!) was driving to a church and being extras in a feature-length movie! One of Dan's classmates is making a movie that is based on one of Soren Kirkergard's theories. He needed a bunch of people to be in a dance club scene in the background. It was pretty fun! I felt fairly nervous before being in a movie for the first time, especially when I saw the fancy lights, cameras, and the great lengths they went through to cover all the walls in the church room. They fed us pizza and pop, as well as promised our names would appear in the credits. =)

Our first assignment was simply to dance for about 50 minutes. After a break, they needed to shoot some scenes with dialogue while we danced in the background. The DJ played a few beats of the music so we could feel the groove, then cut out so the microphones could pick up the actors' lines. It was such a strange feeling dancing to no music! In a way, it was freeing too. New party game: dancing without music.

Here are some pictures of the 2007 version Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.



As I signed onto Blogger today, I noticed that this is my 101st post! That's over 100 in four months, so I'm averaging a little under my post a day goal.

Jim and Teresa arrive today to check out Temple University's masters program in dance. Sarah and I are SO EXCITED to show them around and hang out with them. Seth will be around for a little bit, but he's driving to Ohio with some friends to watch a big skating tournament. Should be fun!

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday, and both schools held mass. I helped lead music by playing the piano and singing. Tiffany, the kindergarten aid at Sorrows, sang a beauuuuuuuutiful version of Amazing Grace. The difficult part with it is that our cultures sometimes collide...I'm not used to playing their style, and they aren't used to mine! It all worked out, and we had some of both.

No comments: