Sunday, February 25

Wrestling with Honky Tonk

Thanks again to Craigslist's free stuff website, I got several free tickets to a semi-pro wrestling event in South Philly. Sarah and I went once last year, and we had a good time. To be honest, I don't think we would have gone again this soon by ourselves, but we had two new friends from Liberti who we wanted to hang out with. So, we invited Nate and Kristin to join us. We had a great time! Nate especially enjoyed the event, perhaps because he grew up as a WWF fan.

The showcase match included the Honky Tonk Man. Honky Tonk, I have since learned, was once a big-time wrestler for the former WWF! Nate remembered watching him when he was a 10-year-old (Nate is 27 today). He smashed a guitar on somebody near the end of the match!


I'd say the only bad part about the event was it led to greater intensity between Sarah and me, as shown here:

No comments: