Wednesday, February 14

Valentine's Day in the city of brotherly love

Last night before bed, I did a snow day dance. The weather man predicted 1-3 inches of snow along with sleet and freezing rain--an ideal combination for calling off school. I woke up this morning, checked the website, and did a happy dance: all public and Archdiocese schools closed! So beautiful.

I went into Center City for a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I've spent a good part of the rest of the time working on my laptop in Sarah's apartment (although there was a Wendy's run for a free jr. vanilla frosty...). She's been studying hard-core for a big exam this Friday...and we're in the home stretch. I say "we" because it affects me too! I do my best to support and encourage in the time constraints, but sometimes I do better than others.

The weekend after an exam is always filled with joyous celebration. This weekend, there's a formal ball on Friday night, and we're going to go visit the Carters at Princeton on Saturday! Maybe some bowling on Sunday night too?? I don't have school Monday for President's Day! I do like this year's schedule.

Sarah just got an e-mail from Teresa Sorge saying that she and Jim are coming to visit Philly next week! Teresa is auditioning at one of the local schools for their masters program, and there's a chance the two of them would move out here in the fall! Who'd of thunk it?

No comments: