Sunday, February 11

Spaghetti fun

This past Thursday our schools held a spaghetti dinner for students, parents, friends, and community members. The teachers and administrators cooked the spaghetti, and we served it to students for $5 a family. As I went around greeting people and enjoying their company, I felt like it was a Hope event, which is a very good thing. The whole day was so encouraging; I felt like I was a good teacher, like my students respected me, like I was using my gifts and talents well, and that I am where God wants me to be.
8th grade teacher Ericka Asaka and I donned garbage bags as aprons. Some people thought we were trying to be the California Raisins.
This is me eating with the Thomas family--Alberta, Cheyanne, and Bryan.

Rasheed and I posed for a tough guy picture. We had originally taken one while smiling, then he said we had to take another one--no smiles.

No comments: