Thursday, February 1

What timing!

I stayed home from school on Monday and Tuesday this week fighting my cold/virus infection. Gratefully, the snot has been coming less, cough dissipating, and energy levels continue to rise. After going to school for a half day on Wednesday (I only have morning classes, and my principal allowed me to go home early to sleep for the afternoon), I felt tired. But then the news of the day came through: we wouldn't have school on Thursday! It turns out that a pipe burst under the street and our resource room in the basement was flooded. The plumber needed to shut down the water to our school building, so we don't have school today! The timing couldn't be better. There's actually a chance we won't have school tomorrow either, so we'll see.

Last night Sarah and I went bowling with some friends from our home group at North Bowl Philly. I've decided that it's my second favorite place in Philadelphia--only behind Franklin Fountain! Bowling there is super cheap on Wednesday and Sunday nights ($2 special...each for shoes, per game, tator tots, or drinks). We took advantage of the offer! Somehow, I found my bowling stroke and had the best game I've ever had in my life! It's nice to showoff for your girlfriend every now and then. =)

This weekend Sarah, Seth, Melanie, some other Liberti folk and I are going on a retreat to paradise. No, not Wrigley Field, to Paradise, PA! The retreat's purpose is to learn more about Liberti--it's purpose, mission, people, and goals--as well as simply spending quality time with new friends. I'm excited for it! Sarah has wanted to go for well over a year now, but her exam schedule (and Michigan visits) always seemed to get in the way. I'm sure there will be pictures and stories to share when we return.

No comments: